Senior Credit & Lending Officers Exchange 2024
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa3350 Avenue of the Arts
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
This forum is designed by Chief Credit and Lending Officers for Chief Credit and Lending Officers! It will allow you to network & develop personal relationships with your peers, to identify best practices, stay on top of emerging lending issues, and discuss the latest tools and technologies available. Hear from industry leaders, strategists, regulators, and peers during interactive sessions designed to explore shared opportunities and challenges and develop new perspectives on today’s marketplace.
- Acquire and integrate the latest technology to streamline lending processes and procedures to be more effective and efficient for the bank and your customers.
- Identify best practices for working with the regulatory agencies, including preparation for successfully completing examinations, and the hot topics they are focusing on.
- Develop a broader and deeper network of resources to collaborate with, including business partners, technology providers and bankers.
- Implement new strategies and approaches that utilize the latest thinking and tools available to compete with financial services providers of any size or type.
CCOs, CLOs, Chief Banking Officers, Senior Credit Administrators & Commercial Loan Officers/Relationship Managers, Board Loan Committee Directors
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, preceded by Breakfast at 7:30 and Lunch at Noon
- Emerging Issues in the Credit and Lending Environment
- Adapting to Economic Uncertainty and Staying Competitive
- How to Build a High-Performance Team
- Deposit emphasis, compensation and incentive plans,
- Next generation in leadership
- Working remotely and retention
- CRE Credit Risk Management
- Credit Risk Management, Emerging Issues, and performance of California banks
- CRE Concentrations, credit quality and credit risk
- Risk criteria, underwriting and stress testing
- Cap rates, what are we seeing in the market rate?
- Loan Portfolio Management
- Audit, Stress Testing, Proper Risk Rating
- Diversification, reducing concentration risk
- Quality, managing non-performing loans and preventing losses
- Technology & Data Management
- Integrating Technology & Data Analytics, including AI/ChatGPT
- CRM and Cash Flow Platforms
- Cybersecurity - protecting the customer
- Lending and Regulatory Compliance Update
- Examiner Focus
- TDRs and the next loan modification trend
- Special Assets - Is your bank prepared?
- Michael Henry, EVP, Chief Credit Officer, Mission Valley Bank,
- David Whorl, EVP, Chief Credit Officer, HCN Bank
- Dave Weiant, SVP, Chief Lending Officer, Provident Bank
- Eusebio Cordova, Chief Credit Officer, American Riviera Bank
- Heidi DeMattos, SVP, Accounts Receivable Lending Manager, Mission Valley Bank
- David Ruffin, Principal, IntelliCredit
- Jeff A’ana, SVP, Director of Originations, Investment Real Estate, United Business Bank
- Kelly Bruns, President & CEO, Premier Audit Solutions
- Scott Smith, Shareholder, Buchalter
- Justin Eichman, Head Appraiser, AEI Consultants
- Mark Messick, Director Product, Lending & Deposits, Jack Henry
- Christopher Fransway, National Bank Examiner, OCC
- Michael “Mike” Butler, Supervisory Examiner, FDIC
3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa, CA
As a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa Hotel is an eclectic, music-inspired luxury hotel located in the heart of Orange County. We have arranged a special rate of $229 per night at the hotel, with a discounted overnight self-parking fee of $22, which you can get online by going to web link: CCBN Credit & Lending Officers Exchange. For additional assistance, please contact the hotel directly at (714) 751-5100 and ask for the CCBN February 2024 Room Block. Space at these rates is limited so reserve your room now! The cutoff date is Monday, February 5, 2024.
For More Information:
6 CPE Credits
Program Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Prerequisites: Participants should have at least three years’ experience in commercial lending or credit administration.
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Field of Study: Business Management & Organization, Specialized Knowledge
Cancellation and Complaint Resolution Policy
Substitutions are allowed, at no additional cost. Written notice is required for all cancellations. The full registration fee will be refunded if the written request is received up to 4 weeks before the event and 50 percent if received 2 weeks before the event. No refunds will be granted within two weeks of the event. For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation policies contact our offices at 800-627-6613.
California Community Banking Network is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org